[hpsdr] 1 GBps LAN speeds with HPSDR boards ???

John w9ddd at tapr.org
Mon Jan 13 10:41:56 PST 2014

One might consider using a part like Mouser stock # 71-RE70G4R00  and bolting
it to the chassis or enclosure.  I just picked that value at random based on
the LPU errata sheet at http://openhpsdr.org/support/LPU/LPU_Errata_V2_2.pdf
to use as an example of a part that could be mounted to a larger heat sink.

An alternative is to go to a switch mode power supply such as the Pico-PSU
series that have been used by many HPSDRers.

On 1/13/2014 6:51 AM, Bruce Beford wrote:

> This does not surprise me. It was known pretty much from known Day 1 that
> the LPU would be a "weak link". It was always meant to be an interim
> solution... But, it's good feedback for people who need to be considering
> moving to a more robust power regulator system.
> Thanks,
> Bruce N1RX
>
>> I was one of Phil's alpha testers and can confirm that there were a few
>> problems not the least of which was with LPU. In Gb mode I could heat my
>> shack with the dropper resistors on LPU!

John, W9DDD