[hpsdr] Munin

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Mon Jan 20 00:46:22 PST 2014

Hi Ken.

It is correct that Mitsubishi specify RD100HHF1 up to 30 MHZ. This
transistor is however used by most of the manufacturers of Amateur
equipment also on 50 MHz and 100W PEP when run at >13,8V Vdd.

Normally Munin works at 50 MHz without any problems. The reason why the
capacitors let out smoke is the ratings. I have never encountered any
capacitor problems when I used 500v/ NP0 material even on the 470 pF. I
have also used Munin on 24V Vdd and still no problem. I am not sure of the
correct PN for the 470 pF delivered with the kit.

Replace the original capacitors with 4 pcs AVX PN:12067A221JAT2A or
equivalent.

73, Kjell

På Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:04:24 +0100, skrev Tony Hagen <prosdr at gmail.com>:

> Hi Ken,
Yes, I am also dropping idea to test at 6m further since the caps are
heating. Moreover, the logic doesn’t apply much because the Power-Mosfets
are meant for 0-30 Mhz as per the datasheet so 6 meter claim doesn’t makes
sense.
73s
Tony