[hpsdr] Munin C25-C27 / IMD3

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Sun Jan 26 05:39:33 PST 2014

Hello Kjell,

thank you for your answer. I am fed up with all my power meters. I
bought a brand new PEP meter offered by a german OM, hoping that this
will be ok. But you never should trust anything, which you didn't check
by yourself, HI. I made a new test bed:

Penelope-munin-Alex-directional coupler-power meter-dummy load.

Measuring points: output munin : Oszi. Tek.2445
Directional coupler: Spectr. Anal. hp8566B

PEP=100 W at 50 Ohms results to 100V peak voltage.

Now I am alble to check all my power meters. They are crap.

Munin is working ok and I has been chasing non existing errors.

Here the results:

1.8MHz	-35.4dB
3.7MHz	-30.3dB
7.1MHz	-32.2dB
14.2MHz	-37.6dB
21.2MHz	-29.4dB
28.6MHz	-32.1dB
50.2MHz	-30.7dB

There is one thing left, for which I don't have an idea how to resolve.
Driving munin with single tone (tune signal) I get a very clean and
linear signal (pure sinus)at 28.6MHz and 50.2MHz. But on 7.1 and 21.2MHz
there are obvious distortions. Could this be a problem of my core
material for L4?

73, Gerog, dl2kp