[hpsdr] Pure Signal with Transverters

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Thu Jan 30 09:50:49 PST 2014

Sadly, I believe what the chap was referring to was the fact that some
contest ops LIKE having a somewhat dirty TX signal. It helps discourage
other ops from jumping on a nearby frequency to call CQ. Some HF contest ops
overdrive their amplifiers, etc to intentionally create a nasty zone that
other ops will avoid... I don't know if this is a common practice on VHF and
up.

Bruce, N1RX