[hpsdr] kind of Hermes back to open source version

Marc Lalonde mlalonde at alphatronique.com
Wed Jul 2 07:42:52 PDT 2014

HI All

Sorry for lack of news was busy whit day work and setup my station

i now doing final PCB part placement  and route Critical part

and that raise a new question / pool

did i need to keep exact connector position  ? (led ,LAN Jack etc )
ideally i prefer move it for improve routing ,but that make board no fit
old box
but assume user that interest to my board will not use it on ANAN radio ?

this was result of last pool ...

Hermes "Phenix"
for that version i chose to keep FPGA code compatibility
so have force to delay some new feature

1-) (reported to V2) swap FPGA for BGA and bigger Version
2-) (reported to V2) add anoter LPC2208 ADC
3-) redo power suply section OKI DC-DC + TI Hight PRSS LDO
4-) rempace 10mhz osc by hight presisision oven Xtal
5-) add bufferissed 122.88Mhz clock for DEMI xverter  LO ( not yet sure
will do it for this version)
6-) isolate some input / output ( probabely all)
7-) metal can for RF section / Supply
8-) (reported to V2)  ADC in LVDS or cmos soft selectable ,LVDS = less
noise
9-) redo micrel PHY section from scratch
10-) bufered 10MHZ ouptut for Kuhne Xverter or sililar
11-) swap 0805 part for 0603  and QFN for some IC
12-) max 6 layer board  100% hand routed
13-) (cancelled du to populrd demand)  may remove the audio section for
simplify not yet sure for this one ..
14-) redo external 10Mhz Input

that the Beta Schematic , still need to add audio connector and other
small thing ..
www.alphatronique.com/Hermes_VE2OLM_V7.pdf

Best 73!
Marc Lalonde