[hpsdr] Orion_v2.6 firmware package

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Jul 2 21:01:02 PDT 2014

All,

Orion_v2.6 firmware package is available for download from

http://www.k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html

This firmware version modifies the timing constraints of Orion_v2.5 in an effort to make the firmware design more robust relative to subtle board-to-board differences that may exist between individual Orion boards and, presumably, make performance more stable on any given board.  Even though I have not received a report of any problems with Orion_v2.5 whatsoever, I recommend using this Orion_v2.6 version of firmware instead as it seems to satisfy the necessary timing requirements better.  In our limited testing of this Orion_v2.6 firmware Orion has thus far performed without any problems being detected.  Thanks to all the alpha testers for the initial checks!

Reports from users regarding system performance almost always provides a wider range of observations than we can rapidly achieve during initial testing utilizing alpha testers.  Collectively, the widely differing users’ selections of options and personal operations with the firmware more quickly and efficiently test the myriad of features that are available in the various system configurations that are possible and reveal more quickly any subtle (or sometimes not so subtle!) problems that we might have failed to detect during the initial testing of the firmware.  Therefore, please keep in mind that user feedback is exceedingly valuable to the developers, it is encouraged, and it is appreciated; as always.

Thank you in advance for your observations and reports!

73,  Joe K5SO