[hpsdr] PowerSDR mRX questions

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Sat Jul 5 20:16:18 PDT 2014

All:
Upgraded the firmware, and installed PowerSDR_mRX_PS_v3.2.17.0.  It
appears to work, hears very well.

I have some questions.
1.  This thing uses a lot more CPU resources than the older version I
had installed.  Are others seeing this?  I'm running Win7 Home Premium
32-bit on 1.87 GHz Intel Atom with 4GB of RAM and 238GB solid state disk
drive -- 200 GB free.
2.  ANR and ANF introduce tremendous distortion.  Checked settings,
their gain defaults to 100.  What settings are people using for these
functions?
3.  Where is the PREAMP switch?
4.  HPSDR QuickStart refers to a Flex manual, which seems a bit long in
the tooth -- many differences between text and current software. Is
there a more recent manual somewhere?
5.  Finally, my biggest question:  When I try to transmit, there is no
audio, no RF output.  I hear nothing when I turn on Monitor. Yet, TUNE
and the 2-tone Test DO result in RF output.  Obviously, jumpers are set
properly for PTT.  I verified set Mic and Mic bias to the other
terminal.  I have verified that my microphone IS expectding to see bias
from the radio.  I have verified my microphone works with my IC-910 and
other Icom radios.  I have enabled the 20db Mic Boost, to no avail.  Any
suggestions??

Thanks & 73,
Jim
wb4gcs at amsat.org