[hpsdr] Database reset = loss of calibration data?

Greg - ZL3IX zl3ix at inet.net.nz
Sat Jul 12 00:36:43 PDT 2014

I also think that it's a pity the designers didn't do a bit more to
maintain database compatibility between versions.  I don't think it's
too hard, provided that the original design makes database compatibility
a priority.

I work for a radio company, and we had this dilemma in 2002 when moving
into the SDR arena, and a decision was taken to use tags with database
items.  The radio app, and the programming app will use the tags they
understand, and ignore the ones they don't, using defaults for those
items.   The programming app will also read a much newer radio, and save
its configuration, even though it doesn't understand the tags that it
reads.  That scheme works extremely well, and has resulted in backwards
and forwards quasi compatibility for the last 12 years.

73, Greg, ZL3IX