[hpsdr] Database reset = loss of calibration data?

Hermann hvh.net at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 07:07:01 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Brian Lloyd <brian at lloyd.com> wrote:

> I suggested a very simple hack -- a version number in the database file
> or, better still, for each logical section of the database file -- but I
> think Greg's suggestion, while more difficult to do the first time, is a
> far more universal solution. The database is just a collection of
> attribute/value tuples. It wouldn't be too hard to have a "rationality
> checker" for each A/V pair when it is read in during system initialization.

Unfortunately its not only checking the validity of an A/V pair. This is
easy and I think this is alreday done. The problem is the combinatorical
explosion of A/V paris among each other. While loading the database each
possible mode of the software has to be checked, which correspond to a
certain subset of A/V pairs. It's like an exhaustive testing of a big state
machine, which might take a while, and which is not so easily implemented.
Furthermore, this state machine is increasing with each new version.

73, Hermann
DL3HVH