[hpsdr] Hermes MAC address problem

Doug Adams douglas.adams at me.com
Mon Jul 14 14:45:21 PDT 2014

> Someone, please, describe to me in simple terms how the MAC address is set in Hermes and what components are involved?

I believe that the MAC Address is fixed, each board has a unique MAC Address encoded in its EEPROM. The writeup here ( http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Metis/Documentation/Metis-%20How%20it%20works_V1.31.pdf ) has a description of how a Metis board works. I think the details, at least concerning the MAC Address and IP Address are pretty much the same as in Hermes.

On the second page, the section titled "Master Reset" talks about this.

73’s
Doug - K3TZR