[hpsdr] Metis/Mercury Bandscope Data (EP=4)

Doug Adams douglas.adams at me.com
Sat Mar 1 19:04:41 PST 2014

I am trying to suppress Bandscope data from being sent from Metis/Mercury to the PC. The firmware versions are Metis 2.6b and Mercury 3.4. I started the system using the designated command as follows (in Objective-C on a MAC running OS X 10.9.2):

- (Boolean)startStop:(int)command
{
	unsigned char msg[64] ;

	msg[0] = 0xef ;
	msg[1] = 0xfe ;
	msg[2] = 0x04 ;
	msg[3] = command ;
	memset( msg+4, 0, 60 ) ;
        [ self write:msg length:64 ] ;
        return YES;
}

where the "command" parameter is set to 0x1.

This is as per "Metis - How it works_V1.27" shown below:
Start Command

Metis will start sending UDP/IP data to the ‘from port’, IP address and MAC address of a PC that sends a Start Command. The Start Command is a UDP/IP frame sent to the Ethernet address assigned to the Metis card and port 1024. The command has the following format:

<0xEFFE><0x04><Command>< 60 bytes of 0x00>

where

Command = 1 byte (bit [0] set starts I&Q + Mic data and bit [1] set starts the wide bandscope data)

Unfortunately, it seems to ignore the command and send both I/Q data (endpoint 6) and Bandscope data (endpoint 4). Otherwise everything works as expected.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

Douglas Adams
douglas.adams at me.com