[hpsdr] Hermes audio

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 8 13:25:39 PST 2014

Hi All,
My shack has been at about 60 for the past couple months. Today it is a lot warmer. I wonder if Hermes firmware is constrained.
Today for the first time I hear a bit of audio distortion on AM and SSB. At first I thought it was AGC related because it acts like a slow attack time. It seems to come and go and wonder if there is a timing problem related to temperature.
I have not tried the latest P SDR released a week or so ago.
I tried restarting the Power SDR and cycling power on Hermes. I will get on later to see if it appears on my TX signal.
CPU running around 12% I hope it isn't McAfee getting into the processing.
Frank
WA1GFZ