[hpsdr] Apache no longer ship direct to the UK

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Sun Mar 2 01:17:10 PST 2014

Hi Abhi,

do you believe that these distributors can prevent the mentioned trouble
with customs or will compensate the cost of damaged stuff with their
disproportionate margins?

In worldwide trading all depends on a clear unmistakable documentation and
correct clarification/identification. Especially the exact usage of the
world-wide valid identification numbers is extreme important. As far I know
there are 3 different numbers for  ham radio, one for complete TRX, one for
spare parts and one for accessories. Bear in mind NO DUTY will be demanded
for these products and due to the common European market this is valid in
all countries.

I think, we all are glad to have with Apache Labs a professional hardware
manufacturer, but I’m very unhappy when I see the increasing number of
disappointed hams who tell me that can no longer afford these fine SDRs due
to exorbitant prices of the distributors. I guess that’s not necessary and
in contrary to the idea of open source.

73, Helmut, DC6NY