[hpsdr] Hermes VNA - No Hermes board found

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 18:05:19 PDT 2014

When I click on the ON button, I get a pop-up window No Hermes
board found - Check Hermes is connected and powered.

This is a first time VNA run with my new TAPR Hermes board.
I used the SVN/trunk/Hermes/VNA/Release/HermesVNASetup.msi.  It
did the install with no errors reported.  It starts the Hermes
Vector Network Analyser V1.6.0 11 Nov 2012.

I have a second Network Interface Card dedicated to HPSDR.
PowerSDR talks to the Hermes fine.  The Hermes IP is
169.254.107.93 and the PC AutoConfig IPV4 is 169.254.107.93.
PowerSDR reports Hermes at 1.8.  My Hermes J12 Bootloader jumper
is none.  My J13 LAN 100T only is Yes.

The Windows 7 Service Pack 1 PC is 32 bit.

I have removed power for 5 seconds from Hermes before starting
the Hermes VNA.  I have tried keying in the PC IP address of
169.254.107.93, but as soon as I click the ON button, it blanks
PC IP and gives the No Hermes board found message.

I upgraded Hermes to V2.7.rbf.  Confirmed it with PowerSDR.
Still get the No Hermes board found message in the VNA software.

I got suspicious and put the Hermes on the same LAN as my PC's
main LAN and now the VNA recognizes Hermes on the 192 LAN.

Is it a feature of the Hermes Vector Network Analyser that it
only works with the first NIC and not a second NIC?

Mike - AA8K