[hpsdr] QEX covers

Chris Testa testac at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:25:36 PDT 2014

Here's the service manual for a wouxun kg-uv6d, which goes into pretty good
details about how this cheap Chinese HT works.  It does have a quadrature
detector in it, and does some DSP on the microcontroller.  The 8-bit
microcontroller looks to be tailored for just this purpose - it has a 2
tone generator built into it for CTCSS.

I'm not sure if this classifies as an SDR.  They do use some very clever
ideas to keep BOM down.

www.wouxun.us/images/KG-UV6D-UserManual.pdf‎

FM Detector - TA31136F
VCO - LM2336
MCU - EM78P568

(you will need ghostview or another nice PDF viewer to zoom in far enough
to see on the schematics on the last page.)

73,
Chris KD2BMH