[hpsdr] QEX covers

John Laur johnlaur at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:34:20 PDT 2014

This is an often repeated story, but is true in as much as any single chip
FM transceiver is using "SDR Technology" internally which is to say there
are necessarily some elements that must be done using similar processes to
be miniaturized like that. But there is no way to interface with it to
obtain digitized quadrature data at baseband if that's what you are after.

The Baofeng radios which I have disassembled use the RDA1846 which says it
has a DSP in it (and RDA5802 for WFM receive).

73, John KF5SAB