[hpsdr] [OT] The beginning of Single Sideband

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Tue May 13 16:16:06 PDT 2014

Thanks for sharing.
Reminds me of a friend I knew in Florida in the Mid '80's, Mel, W4MJJ,
now SK.  He knew Art Collins and Curt LeMay.  When he lived in MD, he
hung out on some 10m SSB calling freq.  One day, he heard, "Hey, Mel,
this is Curt -- you got your radio on?"  Mel answered, and was given a
phone number at the pentagon and some 5-letter code groups to pass on,
which he did.

Curt editorialized, "Those guys in the back can't reach anybody."

Neat story . . . .

73,
JIm
wb4gcs at amsat.org