[hpsdr] Munin problem

John radio at mediacombb.net
Sun May 18 09:08:31 PDT 2014

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for your answer.

The bias current is stable when there is no
drive.  When drive is applied, the bias
current  change is quite different on some bands.

I have a fan mounted close to the heat sink on Munin to improve the cooling.

My SWR bridge is an old MicroMatch made by M C
Jones many years ago.  It is used to manually adjust my antenna coupler.

I am wondering if I should build a reflectometer
SWR bridge and then remove the filtering of the
reflected output signal.  I don't want to open my
MicroMatch.  Maybe I could see the reflected
signal on an oscilloscope and get some idea of
the frequency of the spurious with a modified reflectometer.

Unfortunately, it would be very difficult for me
to remove the final transistors because of the
way I have mounted the copper straps on top of
the board using homemade spacers.
http://www.n-connect.net/radio/Ham_Pix/Munin/Assemled%20Munin%20Board.JPG

Since the photograph was taken, the single
thermistor bias stabilization circuit was added.

73,  John  WoGN