[hpsdr] New Hermes code available

Bernd Gasser bernd.gasser at tele2.at
Mon May 19 01:30:41 PDT 2014

Hi Phil et al,
I'm running a Hermes board from Apache lab and noticed some strange behavior
on 6m TX with FW 2.7 & PowerSDR_mRX_PS_v3.2.10.0 (both from openhpsdr
downloads). - Wonder if somebody else is seeing the same or whether my board
may have some HW-issue?

While other bands are fine, my Hermes somehow locks up and hangs (D14 goes
off) after a few seconds when tuning even with very low drive (10-20mW)  on
TX on 6m (JP3 connected directly to 50 Ohm dummyL).  - To recover, the board
has to be powercycled and restarted.
I'm not seeing this behavior with FW 2.7b (downloaded from Apache-Lab site).
It just runs fine giving abt constant 120mW output on 6m without any hangs.

Since the different FW seems to resolve my problem I wonder whether  there
any significant differences between Hermes boards from TAPR and Apache Labs
which requires me to run FW 2.7B for my Apache Lab-Hermes?

>From previous postings I learned that Apache-lab FW (2.7'b') may have
different Filter characteristics (LPF) especially implemented for ANAN  -
which more or less means  I cannot use my Apache-Lab Hermes  along with Alex
and Munin by running FW 2.7b (which seemed to resolve my TX problems on 6m)?

Thanks,
Bernd/OE1ACM