[hpsdr] Hermes firmware question

John radio at mediacombb.net
Wed Nov 5 19:19:23 PST 2014

Hello,

I recently installed the newest firmware for Hermes.  There are a
couple of things that I had not noticed before.  I use Hermes with
Alex and a Penny Whistle PA.

1.  When I first turn on Hermes the receive sensitivity is very
low.  All I need to do to make it right is to cycle the tune button
in PowerSDR.

2.  I have just started working RTTY split for the W1AW
stations.   If I leave the radio in split mode, next time I power up
Hermes I have no power output.  To make it work, all I need to do in
turn off the TX button (right side) and then turn it back on.  In
other words, switch to transmitting on the receive frequency setting
and then switch back.

Can some one verify this on their set up?

Best regards,

John,  WoGN