[hpsdr] Advice on completing system

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Mon Nov 24 11:47:20 PST 2014

Hi,

I've been running Metis, Mercury and Pennylope up to now just sitting on
a frame with a PC power supply.

I have as kits:
Alex RX and TX boards
Alex enclosure
PennyWhistle
Pandora enclosure
LPU

I can't believe how long these have been sitting on a shelf. Some bought
in 2009 and the rest in 2011.

I've downloaded all the relevant PDF's and really need to know if these
are sufficient or is there anything else I need to know or be aware of.

I'm guessing I should skip the LPU as it probably won't drive the
completed system. I also bought about the same time a Pico PSU which
although tiny I believe will be adequate?

I know that Pennylope was superseded by Pennylane. Are there any gotchas
with Pennylope?

Anything to watch with the enclosures and hooking it all up?

Thanks for any advice.

73 Bob G3UKB