[hpsdr] PowerSDR_mRX_PS_v3.2.19

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Nov 13 06:15:13 PST 2014

Hi Victor,

Very good, happy to help.

The additional issue regarding automatic mode changes is something that would need to be addressed in the PowerSDR program.  I have copied Doug W5WC on this as he is the custodian of the OpenHPSDR PowerSDR program, in case he wishes to look into the issue for you.

Keep in mind, however, that while automatically switching modes when changing frequency may be what you would like to have for your particular application, it may be that in general doing so may not be such a good idea.  For example, there are times where you may wish to operate CW in the phone band (which is perfectly legal, of course), etc.  Perhaps that thinking was what caused the change in PowerSDR, I don’t know.  My personal preference would be to NOT automatically switch modes when frequency is changed.  Anyway, Doug can take a look and decide whether such a change is something he wishes to put into his public OpenHPSDR PowerSDR program or not.

73, Joe K5SO