[hpsdr] MOX and Duplex

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Sat Nov 22 12:46:19 PST 2014

I've always been slightly unsure about the NCO settings so the mistake
could be there.
The NCO's are 1-8 and the docs say 1 is TX and 2-8 are RX_1 - RX_7 but
I've found that not to be correct in practice.

This is what I do:
TX - always sets only NCO_1 with TX freq.
RX - if only one receiver and simplex I set both NCO_1 and NCO_2 with
the RX-1 frequency. I found it necessary to set NCO_1.
    otherwise more than one or duplex I only set NCO_1+RXid which means
NCO_2 - NCO_8

It doesn't look right although I tune correctly on the receivers.

73 Bob G3UKB