[hpsdr] Sunday ANAN-NET

Mike Schwendeman mike at s3com.net
Sat Nov 22 19:33:41 PST 2014

The ANAN-NET meets on 14.340 Mhz on Sundays at 1815Z. This net meets at
12:15 PM local time in the Central time zone. Any shift is due to
"Daylight Savings Time" (1715Z) vs. "Standard Time" (1815Z).

As usual, I will have my Livestream video/audio streaming on line for
the ANAN-NET session. I will plan on using LIVESTREAM for anyone that
might have an interest in seeing and hearing what I see and hear from my
ham station, which is South-East Minnesota. My Livestream link is as
follows:
livestream.com/k0jta

Use any computer operating system and any web browser to access the
streaming video.  When you first get to my Livestream web site, there is
a short commercial that you will have to endure before the feed (video
and audio) is allowed to pass to you. There is also a several second
DELAY in the audio and video feed, due to the internet and hardware needs.

My ANAN-100 has completed a short trip back to the mother-ship, or
repair station; I had spatter and opposite sideband RF on my
transmissions.  While these effects could be resolved by the application
of Warren's SUPER-FINE PureSignal, the issue was in need of service
attention.

When I got the radio back, I was informed that the 10 Mhz daughter-board
had been added to my radio!!!  (Thank you, APACHE!!) There was other
work completed, which was the main suspect that the bias settings for
the drivers and the RF power amp transistors were set to allow a very
low current level.  The radio was returned to me via FedEx, which was
just one more pleasant surprise!!  I had to delete the database in order
to make the radio work, but this is a small matter.  My previous 19 dB
3Rd order IMD is now 25 or 30 dB, without PureSignal.  Once PureSignal
is enabled, the 3Rd order IMD is now more than 45 dB down!  (Sorry that
I cannot offer the exact figures at this moment; I am offering what I
can from my rather poor memory.)

The ANAN-NET of 11-16-2014 was somewhat poor, as there was an SS contest
in session.  The session was mercifully  cut short, due to the contest
activity, but there were three folks that managed to check in:

- WB2OZE (Jerry) was running his ANAN-100, which was only two months old
at that time!  He is impressed with his new radio, and is pleased with
how it is working for him.

- VE6CEK (Blair) was in there, but a bit weak for me; He had good cause
for his signal, as he was running a Hermes at 30 watts of power.  He was
transmitting from Alberta.

- N8LI (Salim) checked in from Long Island, NY.  He was operating his
ANAN-100D at just 40 watts!  His antenna made up for his lack of RF
power; -He is using a Delta-loop!  The top is at 10 meters, and the
bottom is at 4 meters, which means he has it nicely set up.

Do take the time to check into the ANAN-NET on Sundays!  Any comments
and suggestions are very welcome, of course.

FYI: -There is a net of fine folks that meet earlier on 14.340 Mhz, but
they are usually done by the time that 12:15 PM Central time rolls
around.  If their session is still active, please do wait, and I (or
SOMEONE!) will be starting the net very soon after their session is
done, if they are running long.

73; Mike K0JTA