[hpsdr] Antenna selection

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Thu Nov 27 01:28:46 PST 2014

Hi Phil,

Thanks, I'm gradually getting back into things. I guess what I really
need to know is how to drive the CC bits. Have I got it correct below?

C0 = 0x0
C3
Alex Attenuator - self explanatory
Preamp on/off - I guess is a global setting.
Alex Rx Antenna - fair enough I can select None, Rx1, Rx2 here.
Alex Rx out - Set if Alex Rx Antenna > 0 - I presume this enables Rx 1
Out which can be looped back in?

C4
Alex TX relay - so this selects the Tx antenna and the Rx antenna unless
'Alex Rx Antenna' is > 0 which then takes precedence as the Rx input.

C0 = 0x12

C2
Alex manual HPF/LPF select - I assume from this that filter switching is
done in the firmware unless this is set.

C3/C4
Manual filter settings if C2 set to manual.
Disable Alex T/R relay - receiver only mode?

C0 = 0x14
C1 RX1-RX4 pre-amp - slightly confused. How does this play with the
'Preamp on/off' setting and why is it only 4 RX's

Thanks for any help
 73 Bob G3UKB