[hpsdr] Remote operation

Conrad Farlow conrad at g0ruz.com
Mon Oct 13 20:46:40 PDT 2014

As my home is a 40 mile round trip from my shack (or rather North
Wakefield Radio Club's shack www.g4nok.org) I would like to have a fully
remote station based around PowerSDR mRX PS with ANAN-10.

I have had some success with remote operation using team viewer and the
excellent RemAud by DF3CB. Could anyone on the groups share their
experiences and or post a few recommended links. I intend to do this in
stages culminating in remote 2m EME. There seems to be a good number of
Ethernet relay boards at reasonable prices, however my biggest concern
is how to shut things down automatically followed by the remote
monitoringof my homebrew VHF LDMOS amplifiers. I can't afford silly
prices so I think that something based around an Arduino Mega with an
Ethernet shield is probably the best option from what I have seen so far.

How can I get everything to reboot in a state that lends itself to
remote access in the event of a power cut?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

73

Conrad G0RUZ