[hpsdr] Com0com ports lost in PowerSDR

John radio at mediacombb.net
Wed Oct 15 10:03:03 PDT 2014

Everything was working fine for the last few months, but today Hermes
PTT would not work in both FLdigi and WSJT.

Hermes does not show the ports that are set up in Com0com
anymore.  Originally there was an error message, but after I played
with the settings PowerSDR doesn't give an error message anymore.  As
I recall, the error mentioned something about not finding the port.

I suspect the recent Microsoft updates caused the problem.  There
were several updates that were added as a group.  I am running
Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

John,  WoGN