[hpsdr] WDSP inspired scriptable console

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Thu Oct 30 14:22:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

When I heard about WDSP it looked like the answer to getting me back
writing again. After several attempts to get something high level and
scriptable going in various languages I'd all but given up. Warren was
kind enough to give me access to his code and documentation and I'm well
on my way to having something usable. WDSP took away so many of the
issues and fitted so well into my design thoughts I just had to start
over again.

SDR has moved on so fast into so many areas I don't even understand yet
that a very simple basic console, even when its done - and its far from
done yet -  is probably a pretty niche interest. However, its open
software and another wrapper around WDSP so for anyone interested its up
at http://code.google.com/p/sdr-script/.

I will continue to work on this because it's my 'get it on the air',
software. I can't finish the TX side yet as I still have to build the
PA, hook in the filters etc and get it in its case. That's how long this
stuff has been lying around waiting for action. I'm now motivated to
finish off the hardware so I can finish off the software thanks to Warren.

73 Bob G3UKB