[hpsdr] TAPR Hermes and Alex Filters

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Thu Oct 30 08:50:20 PDT 2014

Hi Roger.

The connector on the bottom side of Hermes is for Apollo PA/ATU and do not
work with ALEX as you have found out.

73, Kjell, LA2NI

Hi All,
A note for the owners of TAPR Hermes who want to use the Alex filter pair.
It is not possible to get them to operate when plugged into a 10 pin
header soldered into J32 position on the non component side of the PCB.
This is because the footprint of J32 has been copied instead of being
mirrored form the component side of the PCB for the non component side.
The only way I could get them to operate was to solder the header onto the
component side of the board, the connections are then in the correct
orientation. They are so close together that you have to route the ribbon
cable so that it leaves the plug on opposite sides. (if you have an ANAN10
PA fitted). I hope I’m not repeating anything already documented, I
couldn’t find anything referring to this.
Excellent SDR, no complaints, only slight problems in the beginning with
programming and firmware.
Regards to all,
Roger (G4KFZ)

På Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:26:53 +0100, skrev Roger Stanton
<roger.kjstanton at btinternet.com>:

Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/