[hpsdr] Microphone Impedance

Tim ORourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 6 16:58:16 PDT 2014

Tnx Helmut
I am want to use some vintage Mic's for Scout Jamboree on the Air this year.
Heil mic's seem to be 600-1000 ohms, I use their headsets most of the time I am on SSB.
The older mic's Sure, Astatic and others sometimes have High Low switch, low being 200 -1000 ohms, high 10K or higher, one says 10k-10M!
Of course the real old ones are crystal but I will be trying some dynamic mic's that are in 1000 ohm range, looks like those should work.
Now to find some classic mic stands!
Tim

Tim O'Rourke
W4YN at ARRL.Net
Low Power Amateur Radio Rocks
Member of Flying Pigs,ARCI,GQRP,RSGB,ARRL Life Member
R/C Pilot (sort of)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol, Black Powder Instructor, Range Officer