[hpsdr] WG: AW: ANAN-100 sometimes no TX, after upgrade to 2.9b/3.0 and 3.2.19

Mike Sch. (IMAP Acct.) mike at s3com.net
Wed Oct 29 14:38:56 PDT 2014

Helmut;
     Please see my reply(s) to your emails to me below.
     Thank you;   -Mike-  K0JTA

=============

On 10/29/14, 1:51 PM [Oct 29], Helmut wrote:
> Ok Mike, understood. I only mentioned this because it's funny:

     Your statements and comments are correct _up to the point where you
say these latest words.

_
> You disable
> PTT, but when you push the PTT at your microphone or the MOX button, PTT out
> goes to ground and peripheral gear is switching and NO RF flows. That means
> the FPGA signals controls PTT switching even though PTT is disabled in the
> check box.

     The first part that I must clarify is that you mention that I have
DISABLED THE PTT (/You disable PTT/) is not applicable, as I do not and
have not checked the "Disable PTT" box in the PSDR settings.   You have
assumed that I have disabled the PTT by the check-box for this feature
in SETTINGS.

     The second part that I feel is not correct is your statement,
"...even though PTT is disabled in the check box"  Again, at NO TIME, is
the "Disable PTT" box checked.  If I check this box, _*then*_ the PTT is
indeed disabled.

_If I had checked this box_, I would never be able to achieve the PTT
function.  This is not the case.  I am _always_ able to achieve the PTT
function; -The problem is, sometimes, when I press my PTT button on my
mic and speak into the mic, the radio goes to TRANSMIT MODE, but the
radio will not output RF power.  I can resolve this, if I release the
PTT then press the PTT again: All is OK and normal, as I then have RF
power being generated when I speak.

     -Mike-
===========

On 10/29/14, 2:12 PM [Oct 29], Helmut wrote:

> Guys, I don't want to extend confusion, hi,  and hope that my
> experience is no singular issue on my side. Please check this strange
> PTT behavior yourself:

     First of all, my strange PTT behavior is as follows:

At ALL TIMES, if I press the PTT button on my mic, the RADIO GOES TO
TRANSMIT MODE.
The function _NEVER FAILS_.  It always switches the ANAN-100 from RX
mode to TX mode.
(I can tell this, as the receiver _mutes_, and the TX METER at the
upper-right portion of the PSDR application shows me the mic level as
being normal, and so on.)

ALL indications are OK and correct. _*EXCEPT*_ for the fact that I have
no RF power, when I speak, but this is only one time out of a possible
ten PTT sessions.

As a further example of the fact that the PTT function is OK and
_*ALWAYS WORKS*_, if I have the MON enabled, I can hear myself speak if
I continue to press the PTT button.  As soon as I release the PTT
button, the TX function is stopped, and I can again hear the receiver's
audio, and so on.

The only difference is that at times, even though all of the functions
that I have described above are OK and look normal, I simply do not have
any RF power out of the radio.

> 'Disable PTT' in check box setup/options -- Then push PTT or MOX -- NO
> RF, but PTT at PTT output J16 is activated --'Enable PTT ' in check
> box again -- Then push PTT or MOX -- you will get RF back.

     I have done your experiment above; I disabled the PTT (in the
Settings/General/Options.  At that time, I _cannot go to transmit
mode_.  (we would expect this.)  When I UN-check the "Disable PTT"
button,  am again able to achieve PTT function.  But at times, even this
is the case, I still do not have any RF power.  I can resolve this
sometimes fault by releasing, then pressing the PTT again.

     -Mike-

=========