[hpsdr] Demo / Simulation Mode?

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Sun Sep 7 23:01:51 PDT 2014

What you want might be possible, with one major exception. Are you
expecting to be able to change the VFO A frequency and hear different
things? That would be more difficult because when you change VFO A,
PowerSDR is relying on the hardware to change the center frequency,
which won't do anything if you are just playing a file, no matter what
method you use to do it. For that scenario to work you would need
something outside of PowerSDR doing DSP for you.

If you are OK with a demo mode where you change VFO A and the frequency
changes but the band display doesn't move (and what you hear doesn't
change), then that is somewhat easier. If you really want to dial around
(or click around) and hear different things you could enable either
click tuning or a subreceiver (MultiRX using VFO B). In those cases
PowerSDR doesn't change the center frequency using the hardware and
instead does its own DSP internally to extract the signal (from within
the signal slice(s) chosen by VFO A). That kind of emulation would be a
lot simpler to do, but that might not meet your needs.

John
AC0ZG