[hpsdr] Demo / Simulation Mode?

VaibhaV Sharma vaibhav at vaibhavsharma.com
Sun Sep 7 15:35:41 PDT 2014

Sorry, but I am still confused here.

I need a running instance of PowerSDR / OpenHPSDR with simulated data so that I can demonstrate serial control commands to do the following -

* Change VFO frequency
* Change filter bandwidth
* Start / Stop Radio
* Etc.

How can I do this with a recorded I/Q file being played back?

Here is what I have tried till now -
* Recorded my own wav file in PowerSDR recording UI
* Played it back but it switches the pan adapter and waterfall display to as if it is transmitting (it does not transmit though)
* I can hear the recorded audio back but cannot scroll around the band during playback

I also downloaded some pre-recorded I/Q wav files from the web but when I play them back, the waterfall and pan adapter display is all weird. The entire visible spectrum is filled up with incoming transmissions. I can hear the audio fine but the display does not look right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

—
VaibhaV Sharma