[hpsdr] Updated KISS Konsole for Cross-platform Execution

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Mon Sep 8 06:00:04 PDT 2014

Jae is to be congratulated mightily for his recent actions on Kiss Konsole, getting it to
work on Linux.  I'm working to set up a dev environment in a separate boot partition (yes,
I still use Windows (7), mostly because of habit, Office, and clients that I need to
support), so that I can follow along with his work.

I am working with Jae offline to get as much of his patch as possible integrated into the
main codebase, to leave as small a delta as possible for a patch.  If we can figure out
how, using multiple configurations in the project or whatever, to unify it all, we will.

And still leave the codebase accessible to Phil VK6PH, who uses KISS to make many variants
for his experiments, projects and test fixtures for what he works on.

BTW, DCC was great, and the best part is getting to talk to a lot of people involved in
OpenHPSDR and its sister projects (like FreeDV and Whitebox).

73,
George K9TRV