[hpsdr] Updated KISS Konsole for Cross-platform Execution

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Mon Sep 8 14:53:01 PDT 2014

The 'head' code in the KISS development area (not the 'stable release' area) is currently
the code with the patches that Jae has contributed.  We are working on a few screen size
issues and the like, but we'd like to hear from 'brave' experimenters using the code on
windows OR linux.

Just to be clear: on linux you can only use Ethernet (Metis or Hermes).  Ozy/Magister is
NOT supported.  And we don't intend to support it on linux.  (we may change our mind if
someone else does something clever to help!).

This code should just build and run on either windows or linux, at least if you have
'mono' installed on linux.  Linux issues should be directed to Jae, as I'm not (yet)
terribly conversant in that area.  Give a 63 year old a break, at least for a few months,
please!

Once we get things sorted and tested, this will likely show up as 1.1.29 or 1.1.30 (or so)
in the 'stable release' area.  At that time, I'll play 'catch-up' with firmware versions
before posting.

73,
George K9TRV