[hpsdr] Updated KISS Konsole for Cross-platform Execution

ghbyrkit at chartermi.net ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Wed Sep 10 07:49:30 PDT 2014

Chris, et al:

So a quick check shows that this is one of the VERY FEW TryParse calls
(on IPAddress objects only) that actually throws an exception!
I think that I (the maintainer of KISS Konsole in general) need to add a
check for nullness on the EthernetHostIPAddress and the Metis_IP_address
to prevent this exception from happening.  My guess is that for whatever
reason, possibly due to how the code works on a Mac, that the
Metis_IP_address didn't get set.

This presumes that a Metis/Hermes/Angelia was discovered at all!  Please
check for that possibility.

As I'm at work right now, I don't have access to my KISS development
machine.  An update won't happen until later today (Eastern time in the
US).  The update won't be to the 'stable release' area, but will be to
the HEAD of my development branch for KISS (I'm K9TRV), where we have
the patch that Jae created already merged with the code, which means
that you should be able to pull subsequent changes from there.

If you have good notes for how to do the Mac build, please put them in
'simple text file format' and send them to me!  I'll add them to the
repository contents to help others.

73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV