[hpsdr] Configuring an Ubuntu Linux system.

David R. Wilson david at wwns.com
Wed Sep 24 07:40:42 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

I ran PowerSDR on a 1.6 Ghz Pentium M system.  It wasn't pretty or
stable.

I have a quad core laptop and desktop now (64 bit).  Both are more than
capable of running SDR related software.  I typically have 10 or so
applications running in addition to the QtRadio, dspserver and
hpsdr-server program on the desktop.  I very rarely run Windows.
Most of the time I am running Ubuntu 14.04.  I have not had virus or
malware problems (except for many boxes at work that run Windows) for
many years now.  I also very rarely have to reload my Linux boxes.  Some
have been online for years now.  I would highly recommend a high end box
for SDR applications.

Just my .02 worth.

Dave
KU4B