[hpsdr] SDR contesting

Keith Ennis nelasat at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 08:00:40 PDT 2015

 Scott,
I feel I need to make a statement in response to your comment "I have noticed, however, that 200mS seems to be *far* too much for contesting, where everyone is speaking so fast one can barely get a word in edgewise.".I have contested many times from my QTH here in Mexico.  I used a Elecraft K3 for about 5 years.  Last year in the CQ WW DX phone contest I switched to my ANAN-100D for this contest.  I have done nothing special other than set the main sample rate to 96000 and buffer to 512.  The DSP is set at sample rate RX 1024 TX 2048.  Heil headset plugged into the front panel.  Using N1MM Logger+ with VAC1 for DVK.  My results were:
1st place in Mexico1st place is North America4th place in the World
I was entered in single operate assisted LP 10 meters.Scores were:
794,240 points2,284 QSO'sTotal time on air: 25.1 hours
My hopes are some day everyone will stop stating you can not contest with an SDR radio.  I frequency have rates of over 200 per hour.  The ANAN-100D is a fine contesting radio. I have sold my "contest" Elecraft K3 and plan to use my ANAN-100D for all my contesting.

Keith, KV5J, XE3/K5ENS