[hpsdr] Hermes and network

MDS Info info at mds-ham.com
Wed Apr 8 11:09:37 PDT 2015

Hello,

Since I was able to read the Hermes MAC address and program the board with
the boot loader program, I assumed there would be
NO trouble getting PowerSDR to see it as well.

Not so fast...

I have a Netgear GS015 gigabit switch with the computer and Hermes and
router all plugged into the switch.

I have had no network issues to date.

I see the Hermes seem to 'talk' back and forth when powered up.

LED1,2,5,6,8,9,10 on steady all the time
LED7 flashes 4 times, 3 separate times, then fast flash, indicating timeout
on DHCP
LED4 slow flash indicating 100T

After some time has elapsed, all leds go off except led1 (on steady), led 4
slow flash, led 7 fast flash.
It takes a number of minutes, but did not time it.

Any ideas why it would program but otherwise not be able to communicate?

73's

Glen K4KV