[hpsdr] VHF-millimeter up/down converters?

Glenn Elmore n6gn at sonic.net
Sat Apr 18 14:50:12 PDT 2015

I'm a total newbie on this list. I hope this is an appropriate posting.

I'm wondering who might have worked on, or be working on, frequency
extensions for OpenHPSDR.  Specifically, it seems to me that an effort
to extend the range of OpenHPSDR to include 50 MHz - 6 GHz or higher
must have been considered if not attempted or accomplished by someone by
this time.  Who has done this or might be interested in discussing it?

I'm asking because, although new to OpenHPSDR with an Angelia just
freshly boxed up and working, I already see the desirability of having
coverage of 144,220,432,900,1296 and 2304. It seems to me that it would
be a shame to limit this to a conventional banded transverter approach
and that doing a conversion to a higher fixed IF followed by a down
conversion to cover,say 50 MHz to 6 GHz with a clean LO up/down
converter is an obvious choice.  Allow this is a "radio" project,
continuous coverage would allow extension of signal analyzer and vector
network analysis throughout this range and should be a pretty useful
capability.

Is this already being done by someone?

Glenn Elmore
n6gn