[hpsdr] Bootloader issues

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Apr 19 12:08:14 PDT 2015

OK, thanks for that clarification.

But when I do the "Test for Bootloader" I get the instantaneous fail
with "Error: Timeout reading MAC address" message in the status window;
the message box at the bottom of the Bootloader main window just tells
me I need to install J1.

I wonder about the fact that this "timeout" occurs basically
instantaneously -- there's really no delay at all before it occurs.  I
would think that a "timeout" implies a perceptible delay.

BTW -- I've since tried a fresh load of winpcap and bootloader on yet
another machine, with the same results.  It's *got* to be something
about the Metis board itself.