[hpsdr] FFT latency

John radio at mediacombb.net
Sun Apr 5 05:46:09 PDT 2015

Hi Peter,

I use a Hermes SDR with a Penny Whistle PA and it works well using CW
breakin.   I generally run at 20 -25 wpm and use the rig mostly on 6
meters (my other rig runs more power on the HF bands so most of the
time I use it).  In 55 years as a ham I still have not used VOX very
much, but I don't operate much phone anyway.

If you think about it there are delays in non-SDR rigs, too.  For
example, it takes a while for an envelope detector to charge up its
filter capacitor (perhaps there is a better term for this component).

Best regards,

John,  WoGN