[hpsdr] Using Windows 10 Preview

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Apr 11 05:25:14 PDT 2015

You should likely try to bring Mercury, Penny and Metis up-to-date in firmware.  You
shouldn't need the 'bootloader' program, I think, but Dave KV0S can provide better
instructions on that.  First Metis, then either Mercury or Penny, then remove the
non-Metis board, put in the other and get it updated.  Having mixed firmware will cause
incompatibilities, especially if some use the NEW protocol and others use the OLD
protocol.  It's unfortunate that you haven't seemed to have kept track of what versions of
firmware have been installed. You would have had to do this yourself, unless you bought
(some of) the boards from another ham.

PowerSDR should work with those core 3 boards before you add other boards and power
consumers (Alex, for example).  Then add things one at a time so if it goes South, you
know what the straw was that broke the camel's back.

You didn't answer whether the I2C Bypass jumpers had been removed...  This caused me grief
when I updated firmware about 2 years ago after coming home from Dayton Hamvention.

There are lots of resources on the openhpsdr.org site and its wiki.  More can be found by
searching the archives.

73,
George K9TRV