[hpsdr] HPSDRProgrammer_V2

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:23:05 PDT 2015

Ron --

What is it you want to do?  I am Dave KV0S the maintainer of the
HPSDRBootloader and HPSDRProgrammer.

Originally the code was combined and it confused people so we split the
code into two programs

HPSDRProgrammer_V2 and HPSDRProgrammer_V2_nopcap are 99 percent the same
code.   The first was the first version after the split. when using the
pcap library the used must be an Administrator,  The nopcap used UDP so
that the user does not have to Administrator.  Both of these programs
require a version of the firmware that has the programming feature it does
not require changing any jumper on the board being programmed.

HPSDRBootloader is to fix issue when HPSDRProgrammer_V2_nopcap does not
work.

HPSDRBootloader uses the pcap library installed.  Because of the license
you have to download the library yourself.  You will have to be
Administrator.  You will have to connect the jumper J1 on Metis  or J12 on
Hermes.
this software does not use IP address but the MAC address.  It will work as
long as there is a bootloader.rbf installed in the HPSDR board. all HPSDR
boards come with the bootloader.rbf installed so most users need to worry
about this.

These software only program boards with a ethernet socket.

To program your Penelope, Pennylane or Mercury you will need to use the
JTAG interface. Metis can function as a JTAG programmer. You will have to
the HPSDRBootloader program with the JTAG portion at the bottom of the
interface page.

You will need to set the J1 jumper, and the Last JTAG jumper.  When
programming Mercury place the Metis in the slot the furthest slot from the
power supply.  Then place the mercury in the slot next to the Metis board.
Only program the JAG boards one at a time.

You should be able to update all your board firmware this way.

I hope this helps.  if you have further question please ask.

Dave KV0S

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Ron McCurdy <firemonitor at cox.net> wrote:

> Why is there no such downloadable program on the HPSDR-Downloads page?  Is
> a download mis-labeled or do I need to go to the repositories and create my
> own?  Or, does the HPSDRProgrammer_V2_nopcap take it's place?  The diagram
> to the left of the downloads does not show the "nopcap" version.
>
> 73,
>
> Ron

KV0S - Dave Larsen
Columbia, MO, USA