[hpsdr] DFC Sampling Frequency?

Steve Haynal steve at softerhardware.com
Sun Apr 12 20:24:38 PDT 2015

In Phil's original announcement of direct Fourier conversion (DFC) radio
experiments he mentioned that the target sampling frequency was 61.44 MHz,
or half of the Hermes' original 122.88 MHz. In a recent thread regarding
FFTs, Phil mentioned:

"This FFTs the entire 0-30MHz spectrum using a 16 bit ADC sampling at
74Msps."

What is the target sampling frequency for DFC, or is it a moving target?
Also, where is the best place to find information about the DFC
experiments? We are working on the next revision of the Hermes-Lite, and
although we are not doing anything with DFC, we don't want to exclude the
possibility for the future.

73,

Steve
KF7O