[hpsdr] VHF-millimeter up/down converters?

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Sun Apr 19 08:43:34 PDT 2015

Glenn,

I agree with Helmut’s observations.  In my particular case, I use very high gain at the dish and don’t care about limited dynamic range as my target signals are buried deeply in the noise in all cases anyway.  Indeed, if I detect signals larger than a few dB above the baseline noise level I discard that information automatically as a matter of fact!  That’s not the normal mode for most users, I understand, but this is a necessity for my particular radio astronomy application.

73, Joe K5SO