[hpsdr] VHF-millimeter up/down converters?

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 12:04:23 PDT 2015

If pursuing the traditional heterodyne mixer down converter approach, I would strongly suggest that they each be designed with different IF output frequency ranges. That way multiple bands can be fed into a single SDR IF radio that can then be watching and listening on multiple bands simultaneously. And therefore have multiple panadapter / waterfalls always running at all times. And at least 1 (preferably 2) RX per band for as many bands as the user can successfully listen to at one time.

The common DC - daylight radios that are out there all have MAJOR shortcomings when it comes to usability. These usability shortcomings are primarily in two key areas: 1) poor or non-existent scopes, 2) they can only be used on one band at a time.

Duane
N9DG