[hpsdr] Mercury/Penny obsolete?

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Tue Apr 28 17:38:44 PDT 2015

Hi Jonas,

I use my Metis, Mercury and Penny based system as my main HF transceiver.

In fact I first developed the Gigabit Ethernet code on the Metis board.

I do intend to implement the new protocol Ethernet code on the Metis board
although the maximum sampling rate will be 384ksps as apposed to the
1.536Msps which the single board SDRs will support.

Metis etc hardware is capable of VNA and PureSignal - just not enough
hours in the day to implement it.

So... there is life in the old dog yet!

73 Phil...VK6PH