[hpsdr] Balanced audio on future boards

Matthew J Wolf mwolf at speciosus.net
Tue Dec 1 08:52:57 PST 2015

Has there been any thought of including balanced audio input and output
on the future HPSDR boards?

One would think it would be as easy as using a different codec.  A codec
that provides both single ended and balanced audio.

Having unpopulated headers on the board for the balanced audio would be
fine. I admit that there would be a minority that would want balanced audio.

I have looked at the schematics and the PCBs for Mercury, Pennylane, and
Hermes. There is no "easy" way to add balanced audio.

-Matt, N4MTT