[hpsdr] Hermes Pure Signal

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Sat Dec 12 06:34:03 PST 2015

Hi Geoff,

As Helmut pointed out, there are significant problems to overcome with respect to implementing PureSignal on the Atlas bus systems.  In addition to his comment regarding FGPA size issues there is a data rate limit that we are already pushing up against on the Altas bus in order to achieve the 384 ksps sampling rate (we had to split I and Q to separate individual lines on the bus to achieve it) and that will be the limit I think going forward I think.  It is highly likely that multiple-board Atlas based systems will not be able to utilize the significantly higher data rates that will be available on single-board platforms with the new protocol with its gigabit connection implementation.

At the moment no one that I’m aware of is working on implementing PureSignal on Atlas-based HPSDR platforms and I’ve not heard of any progress or serious plans along those lines.

73, Joe K5SO